LS3 Studios We conduct video interviews with your family member using our proven narrative techniques.
The film’s creative and unique storytelling techniques will keep your audience on the edge of their seats, waiting to see what happens next. Imagine your family history becoming an interactive story with scanned and organized photographs, restored and ordered to keep on display; films restored, reorganized, and transferred for easy viewing on social media, computer, or digital frames. Those old mementos from a forgotten time can be brought out of the dark, incorporated with your photographic storybooks, or displayed in some other fashion. We guide you in getting your family story to life by creating a compelling documentary.
Every family is unique, of course, and each has a different story. Just because certain items do not seem to go together does not mean they shouldn’t. For example, a reinvented family history album can include antique and new photographs of your present family. New insights can be made when viewing these pictures side by side. Who knew, for instance, that your daughter resembled great-great Aunt Esther? We research old archival footage from the early part of the twentieth century that can be incorporated into a present-day digital story of your family. Imagine the comparisons that can be made. What a rare and one-of-a-kind way to keep your family history in view for everyone!
Documentary Filmmaker Ken Burns
Perhaps music was a part of your family’s history. An entire video family biography or personal story can be personalized to reflect who your ancestors were with music, animation, unique titles, narration, new and old photographs, film, and essential papers that can all be put together to create a specialized family biography. If you’ve ever viewed documentary filmmaker Ken Burns’s historical documentaries on PBS, you’ll get what a family video biography can be like. As the narrator speaks, the viewer is looking at old film footage, static photos of days long gone by, some present-day interviews, perhaps newspaper headlines or brief articles are shown, and there is music weaving itself throughout the entire production. This is what your family history video can be like if our studios produce it.
Standard Storytelling Techniques
Some standard storytelling techniques used in film include:
- Plot: The plot is the main story or series of events that make up a film. The structure holds the film together and provides a sense of progression and purpose.
- Character development: Strong characters are crucial for engaging audiences in a film. Through character development, filmmakers can create complex and believable characters that audiences can relate to and root for.
- Dialogue: The words spoken by characters in a film can be used to reveal their motivations, personalities, and relationships with other characters.
- Setting: The setting of a film can be used to create a sense of time and place and to establish the mood and atmosphere of the story.
- Visual storytelling: Filmmakers can use graphic elements such as camera angles, lighting, and shot composition to tell a story and convey emotion.
- Sound: Sound can enhance the mood and atmosphere of a film and provide important information and context to the audience.
- Music: Music is a powerful tool for creating emotion and setting the tone of a film. It can be used to underscore critical moments and enhance the overall storytelling experience.
Storytelling Techniques at LS3 Studios
The storytelling filmmaking techniques we use at LS3 Studios are unique. We have added a twist to the classic storytelling techniques. While creating personal stories for people from all walks of life, LS3Studios has discovered that each family has a unique story, many of which are emotionally touching.
We conduct video interviews with your family member. It should be in a comfortable and familiar setting where they can relax and tell their story without nervousness about being in front of a camera. When all the elements are put together to form a touching film for the family to own, it can sometimes be so close to the heart they often bring tears to the surface. These can be tears of joy at seeing loved ones tell their stories or upon viewing those on film who have gone to the other side. Either way, it thrills each family who has a video biography created by LS3Studios to have a piece of the past now with them.